Monday, December 15, 2008

CRAZY DAYS

Needless to say, this weekend has been a stress filled weekend in which I have anxiously awaited a call from Rob saying he is getting on a plane headed to me an O in Georgia. For many of you that I have your cell, I texted you on Saturday morning bright and early to pray for a safe trip since that is when Rob left Camp Bucca, Iraq. However, it is now Monday morning and I still await my hubby. I have received several calls in the past couple of days saying he would arrive at "this" time and no Rob. Even this morning, I was awoken by a phone call at 1 a.m. still fairly certain that I would get to pick him up later today.... then at 3 a.m. that too was dissolved. So, now ... I even hesitate to let you all know that I may or may not get to pick Rob up sometime early this week. If all goes as planned, he will be allowed to stay with us in Smyrna for the evening of arrival. Then he will return to Augusta, Georgia for his final round of training or de-training.. whatever you want to call it. So if I fail to return calls or texts it is purely out of exhaustion and disappointment with the unknown. I am SO EXCITED to greet my wonderful husband and for Olivia to slobber all over her daddy, but I am also quite the pessimist with the roller coaster I have been on for the past three days. Still continue to pray that his final journey home is that of a safe one and that our day together goes by slowly.

1 comment:

JessicaL said...

love you summer...i got on my knees today to pray for you just to have peace and no anxiety towards all this. I know you've been so patient and wonderful. I brag about you all the time to my family, you have been so strong in mind, body and spirit. Just try to hang on a few more hours or days and it will all be over with. You let me know if you need me to take O for you if you need just a tiny break or if you need to cry or whatever it may be..you can call me! Love you girl!