Tuesday, April 8, 2008

IRAQ...HERE I COME

Well my time here in the states is over. I have been officially notified that I will be crossing the pond tommorow. I have a little bit of mixed feelings and some anxiety,but it is what it is. My time here at FT.DIX has been a very pressing and somewhat bittersweet. I have met some really awesome people here and as much as I loathe New Jersey I will miss some of it. The 18 hour days I will not, but like I said there are some really good people here. I don't know when I will be able to post another message, it may be a few days or so. The flight will be about 24 hrs or so because of a long layover in Germany. So i plan to occupy my time with sleep and dvd's. Support Summer and Olivia as much as possible while I am gone. I know tommorow will be really rough on her. One last thing.....An old veteran stopped me at the Gas station on post to thank me for what I do. He asked me how i feel about going over there to protect someone else's country. I told him it is my duty to do so. He then told me to trust none of them. I immediately remembered a quote I recently heard, "Your wrong if you think the joy of life comes principally from human relationships. GOD has placed joy all around us. It is in everything and anything GOD has given us. People just need to change the way we look at things." I think this is a very profound statement and it is very applicable to what is going over there. The people of Iraq will let me down I am sure. But the joy GOD is going to give to me while I am in country will never let me down. I love you all.

4 comments:

mitzi said...

YOU'RE A GOOD GOOD MAN ROB!! I'm honored to know you and be protected by you! I promise to take care of your girls the best I can! They mean a lot to me!
Will be praying for you my brother!

MITZI G.

Harvey & Tammy said...

Rob, well I guess that you are half way around the world by now. Mom just gave us your address so i wanted to let you know that we love you very much and that we are praying for you.(along with our whole church) We know that God will be watching over you and your buddies and that he is always in control. Just remember if you ever feel like slipping into a funk that you have 2 beautiful girls at home waiting for you and that will cheer you up. We are so proud of what you do for your family and your country. We are proud that you are part of our family and that you love and care so much for Summer. Hold your head up high and be proud that you are an American. We love you.
Harvey and Tammy

Summer,
I have no idea as a wife how you feel today but if being a father step mother to a soldier leaving home for war is fairly close, we are feeling your pain as Rob is on his way to Iraq. I'm sorry that we have not been on your blog spot until now. Please know that we are always here for you, day or night we are only a phone call away. We love you so much.

JessicaL said...

So i know i haven't met you yet, but I just wanted to let you know i'm thinking and praying for you. Summer is an awesome person and couldn't say enough great things about her. Although she doesn't like to cuddle with me..hehe.. Can't wait to meet you Rob!!

Jessica

laken lulu said...

Hey Rob and Summer!!I love you two so much and I miss you as well!I can't wait to see what the baby looks like!I hope that I get a chance to come to Atlanta while you THREE are there!I am praying for the two of you and that the baby is very healthy!I am also thinking about you all of the time!Rob, I hope that you had a safe trip down there and have a safe trip back home!I really can't wait to give you all a big hug!!You guys are the best!!I ♥ u 2!!!
♥laken lulu♥